Retweet

Saturday, November 6, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving–Day 6

Saturday mornings are a traditional time for my family.

Starting when my oldest son was old enough to eat regular food (not baby food) – about three or four years old – my wife and I decided to start a tradition of having pancakes for breakfast on Saturday mornings.

That was about 10 years ago.

I just got up from the table with my sons (my wife is at work already today) and we had a wonderful pancake and bacon breakfast. It was a somewhat typical breakfast with all boys – sights, smells and sounds.

I am thankful that I can spend this time with my sons. It’s even better when my wife joins us – and her not being here this morning left a hole in our hearts and at our table.

Soon – too soon – there will be less at our table. Our oldest son will be going off to college in another three years or so (God willing). Then three years after him, our middle son, then four years after him our youngest. We have less Saturday morning pancake breakfasts in front of us than we have behind us.

So I am making the most of each breakfast I have with the family. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and three great sons.

I am thankful for pancake breakfasts!

No comments: