Retweet

Saturday, November 20, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 20

I love snowfall.

Thanksgiving SnowfallLiving in the Chicago area – practically on the Illinois-Wisconsin state line – we could anticipate the first snowfall sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving Day.

I looked forward to that day as a child. But that was because I didn’t really had to shovel that snow to clear the driveway and the side walk at my house.

Now, as an adult, that’s what I have to do. It’s a lot of work. But you know what? I still look forward to that first snowfall!

grill in snowI have this kind of weird thing that I like to grill steaks during the first snowfall of the season. Usually grilling is a summer-time event, but I like to fire up the grill in the cold, snowy air and stand there shivering while the steaks sizzle and pop and the snowflakes steam away on the lid.

The first snowfall is magical, especially if it is before Christmas. It fills me with anticipation for that wonderful day of celebrating the gift of a Savior.

And I am thankful for that!

 

No comments: