Retweet

Monday, November 15, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving-Day 14

I am thankful for the privilege of proclaiming the Law and Gospel of God in front of a congregation, as well as being the lead worshiper, on Sundays and other days of the week.

I just finished up a sermon that I preached five times over the course of four days. I really enjoyed sharing the message of God’s love for us in Christ Jesus.

I also enjoyed the different styles of worship – evening casual, morning traditional and a contemporary praise service.

I’ve been preaching in churches since 1988. But I’ve been preaching in – or rather, through – my life for 45 years.

Preaching the Gospel is not something I do just from pulpits in front of churches. In fact, I do it more powerfully (good and bad) through the way I live my life.

I am thankful for this privilege. But I am more thankful that God touches people’s hearts through – and sometimes in spite of – my proclamation.

No comments: