Retweet

Thursday, November 18, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving – Day 18

In August my family and I moved back to the Midwest after living four years in Southern California.

The week before we moved, a house became available to rent literally seconds down the road from my mom’s house (and where I grew up).

We moved in and the moment all the boxes were unpacked and the furniture was where we wanted it, I felt like I was home. The house is the same style as my mom’s so it really feels like I’ve gone back in time.

Now that Thanksgiving is one week away, I’m really thankful for this house. It has everything I need: a fireplace, good insulation (temps are dropping into the 20’s at night), a backyard to play in, it’s close to my mom’s, it’s an hour’s drive away from downtown Chicago – and, most important of all, it has my wife and three sons in it with me.

I’m thankful for my house because it provides walls and a roof for my home.

 

No comments: