Retweet

Thursday, November 4, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving-Day 4

I am thankful for hot coffee at sunrise. Today was especially beautiful. It was chilly but not down-right cold. There was just a hint of frost on the pile of leaves that I will be burning later today. The sun was gorgeous as it peeked over the horizon into a pale blue and cloudless sky.

I wish I had the gift of verse so that I could write a poem about this morning, but instead I just have to be thankful to absorb the sunrise as my hot coffee tries to fog up my glasses.

The coffee I enjoyed this morning is nothing exotic – just regular, ol’ coffee. I do add pumpkin spice creamer to it – just because it tastes good and reminds me of this special time of year.

It is a time of Thanksgiving. I do not celebrate “day” holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Easter Day) for just one day. I make a season out of it.

I have too much for which to be thankful to celebrate Thanksgiving Day for just one day.

Today it is for hot coffee. It warms me up after a cool night, it jolts my system awake. But it also slows me down to contemplate and pray a prayer of thanksgiving.

1 comment:

floyd said...

Thanks for sharing from the heart, I'm lovin it. Glad to read strong words written with honor provided by the Creator and Sustainer of the cosmos. Well done Brother
Floyd