Retweet

Friday, November 19, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving – Day 19

Ok, this is going to sound weird. In fact, you aren’t going to believe me. Some of you probably would say, “You are a liar” to my face if you were actually sitting in front of me instead of this computer screen.

I like to shop. I’m thankful for shopping.

I think I have to turn in my LHM Man Card for that. But it’s true. I like shopping.

Now, I’ve been camping in the wilds of Idaho and fished for trout in Ed fishingthe North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River. Nothing tastes better than freshly caught trout from an ice-cold river next to a campsite I hiked an hour to carrying my tent, clothes and fishing gear on my back.

 

Craig, Ed, Irving Rock ClimbingI’ve climbed rocks in Joshua Tree National Park with a one-legged man in 110 degree sunshine. It wasn’t easy and I couldn’t get very high on the scorching rocks, but I learned a lot about myself and about God’s plan for me in His Kingdom. I also made friends for life.

 

 

But I really like grocery shopping, too. It must have something to do with watching the Food Network. It also might have something to with this time of year – a time when my family has some of my favorite foods to eat at a family dinner.

SuperStock_1555R-300054I enjoy finding the special ingredients, walking up and down the grocery store aisles,smiling at people – and either encouraging them or making them wonder what’s wrong with me. And thinking about how wonderful the food is going to smell as it cooks, taste as I eat it.

And I’m especially thankful that I get to prepare it with my wife and share it with my family on Thanksgiving Day.Thanksgiving 2008 023

No comments: