Retweet

Friday, November 12, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving-Day 12

Pizza. I’m thankful for pizza. Any pizza.

Chicago Style PizzaBeing from Chicago, I certainly like Chicago-style pizza. To describe Chicago-style pizza as “deep dish” pizza would be like describing the Grand Canyon as a “big hole.”

Chicago-style pizza is generally 5-pounds of crust, cheese, sauce and, for me, another three pounds of pepperoni.

But today I am especially thankful for home-made pizza. Ever since home made pizzamy youngest son was old enough to eat big-people food we have made it a tradition in our family to have a family pizza night.

It started out as a Saturday night thing but when the church I was serving as pastor started a Saturday night service, we moved family pizza night to Friday night and it has been there for the last 10 years or so.

EmergencyThis tradition was inspired by something my dad did with me and my brother. Back in the early 70’s the three of us would order pizza and watch Emergency! on Saturday nights. That’s a great memory for me.

It’s great that now they have Emergency! available on DVD so my kids can enjoy this campy but exciting TV show and I can bond one of my favorite childhood memories with them.

Family Pizza Night! I’m looking forward to that tonight!

No comments: