Retweet

Sunday, December 19, 2010

25 Days of Christmas–Day 19

There are a lot of sitcoms on TV – and have been in the past – about families. Some of the favorites of my wife and I are Everybody Loves Raymond, Mad About You, According to Jim, I Love Lucy, and The Middle.

I don’t think our family is quite as dysfunctional as some of those depicted on TV – at least I pray we aren’t – so these shows are a form of escape from everyday life that we enjoy every once and a while.

But for us, nothing beats being with family. With our three boys we have a Family Pizza and Movie Night just about every Friday night. We have a Family Breakfast of pancakes just about every Saturday.

And at Christmas we visit family that we haven’t seen in a while. My grandmother, my mom, my dad and his wife. My brother and his family, aunts, uncles and cousins. We really enjoy spending time with them and catching up with what’s happening in our lives.

000_0569 Picture 020

IMG_0092

 December 2008 012

No comments: