Retweet

Monday, December 13, 2010

25 Days of Christmas – Day 11

Over this past weekend we had near-blizzard conditions in Northern Illinois. Heavy snow, high winds, and wind-chills near zero.

This might have been part of what they meant by “The weather outside is frightful….” While I wanted to sit inside, in front of a roaring fire with my family listening to Christmas music, I had a job to do.

When we moved here in August, my mother – who lives just down the street from us – volunteered me to clear snow off the driveway of a neighbor of hers. This neighbor could no longer lug out the big, heavy, snow blower. I was glad to help – at the time. After all, it was August and we wouldn’t have snow for months.

snowblowing

It’s couple of months later now! So I was out there in the cold and blowing snow doing what I was volunteered to do.

It wasn’t so bad. After all, I had a snow blower at my disposal. This was a first for me.

Living 9 years in Wisconsin, I never owned a snow blower and had to clear my driveway with one of the two old-fashioned ways of doing it. Either 1) wait for it to melt on its own or 2) shovel it clear.

I’ll never go back to those two ways again.

No comments: