Retweet

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days of Christmas – Day 1

Today is the first day of December. It is the beginning GEDC0013of “Meteorological Winter” in the northern hemisphere and to emphasize this, it is snowing here. Nothing too bad, just a light dusting on the roofs and roads. It sure does look pretty, though. This is the view out my back window.

Snowfall in early December is a special thing for me. Even though Christmas is over three weeks away, it seems like it will be here before you know it. I’m sure to some – like to my three sons – it will seem like Christmas will never get here. I remember feeling that way when I was a kid. Now that I have kids of my own, Christmas-time, and just about everything else, seems to fly by at warp speed.

I try to slow down the season by extending it beyond what might be considered its normal length. Technically there are 12 Days of Christmas – December 25 to January 6. But I’m pushing that a little to include all of December.There is just too much I want to make sure I experience this Christmas (much of which I will write about here).

Yet, for right now, I’m sitting and enjoying the aroma of pine-scented candles and our Christmas tree and watching the white, delicate snow flakes drift past my window, while listening to Christmas music.

No comments: