Retweet

Friday, March 29, 2013

Journey to Calvary: “How Much Do You Love Me?”


“I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.” - Psalm 143: 6

This verse of Psalm 143 reminds me of what Jesus did on the cross. He spread his hands and they were nailed to the cross. Why? Because he loves us so much he would die the death we deserve because of our sin.

One of the things Jesus’ said on the cross was “I thirst.”

In this world turned dry and dusty and parched by sin, our souls thirst for God. We seek out answers to our life’s problems. We try to understand the emptiness that consumes us, at times, in our lives.

There is some one who loves you very much. His name is Jesus.

“How much can he love me?” you ask.

He answers, “This much.”

And he spreads out his arms wide … as they are nailed to a cross and he dies for you.

Application: Take some time today to re-read the passion history of Jesus in the Gospels. Worship with other Christians at Good Friday services today.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, on this day I remember that Jesus died to save me from my sins. Please forgive me all my sins for the sake of Jesus’ death. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: