Retweet

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Journey to Calvary: “Death Is Destroyed”

 

“For your name’s sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.” - Psalm 143:11-12

Christ is risen!

He is risen, indeed!

Alleluia!

For the sake of Jesus, because he died and rose again, God preserves our life forever.

The rising of Jesus from the dead destroyed all our foes – especially death. When we die, we will not really die, but will rest secure that on the last day, we will be raised to live forever in heaven. Our faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection gives us the free gift of eternal life.

Because of all this done for us by Jesus Christ, we respond by serving him constantly. We will tell others the Good News about Jesus. We will live our lives as ones loved by God.

Christ is risen!

He is risen, indeed!

Alleluia!

Application: Please pray for me, the author of these devotions, that I may never grow weary in serving Jesus Christ and his church. Pray for your own pastor for the same.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for raising Jesus Christ from the dead. You are my God and my Lord. I will serve you as long as I live. Give me your Holy Spirit so that I may tell others the Good News about Jesus. In his name I pray. Amen.

No comments: