Retweet

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Experiences

The gentle sound and comfortable warmth of the fire.

The quiet music of Christmas on the hi-fi.

The dog contentedly snoring while curled up in front of the fireplace.

My wife leaning against me as we watch a classic Cary Grant movie.

The twinkle in the eyes of my sons as we eat pizza and play a competitive game of Life.

Waking up to the spicy aroma of fresh-brewed Christmas blend coffee at 6:30 in the morning.

Sunrise on a crisp winter morning reading from the prophet Joel.

A walk in the warm sunshine at the foot of the snow-covered San Gabriel mountains.

Worshipping God with brothers and sisters.

Hearing the Good News about Jesus Christ who was born to save us from our sins.

Receiving the body and blood of Jesus to forgive my sins, strengthen my faith and give me life and salvation.

Singing well-known-but-still-fresh Christmas carols, giving praise to God for His gifts of grace, mercy and forgiveness.

Spending more time with my wife and sons during Christmas break, eating special food, watching classic movies.

Proclaiming the 2000-year-old Gospel of Jesus to both life-long Christians and those looking for meaning and purpose for, and peace and fulfillment in, their lives.

LiveJournal Tags: ,,,

No comments: