Retweet

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Book Review: My Life in France by Julia Child

My Life in France Julia Child intrigues me. She's led a very adventurous life and followed her heart to do what she was passionate about - once she figured out what that was.

She found the love of her life in Paul and followed him to Paris after World War II. She didn't speak French and she had never been to France (although she had been China and Ceylon - she had seen some of the world).

She admits that she didn't really know what to do with her life but knew she would follow her love - Paul - wherever that would lead her.

Then she had her first meal in France. That led the way to Le Cordon Bleu and a life-long passion for cooking. The rest was history.

Her life-story is a great example of identifying your dreams and following your passion with all your heart.

This book reads relatively easy and kept my attention once I finally decided I didn't have to translate all the French.

No comments: